Jersey is recognised internationally as one of the most progressive and reputable international finance centres and the Jersey Financial Services Commission who regulate Capco's activities, enjoys a reputation for the high standards it sets.
A number of requirements must be met to satisfy the Regulator including:-
- the approval of all senior staff by the Commission and for those who are client facing, the need to satisfy certain initial and ongoing criteria relating to competence.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance which Capco carries at many times the stipulated requirement, to give clients and their advisers peace of mind and security.
- the operation of internal controls and procedures to demonstrate proper management systems.
- the monitoring of capital adequacy requirements.
- the ongoing adherence to the Commission’s Codes of Practice relating to trust company business.